Here are few notable happenings for April and May 2016:
- I’m performing April 16th with Ernesto Cervini’s excellent sextet Turboprop at the Pilot Tavern in Toronto. The music is diverse and challenging, and the band is truly stellar. It’s an honour to play with these fine musicians.
- I’m taking the stage with the new Brian Dickinson big band at the Jazz Room (Kitchener-Waterloo) on Saturday, April 23. The following week, I will be serving as conductor for the band in studio. Really looking forward to that!
- In May, I head to Ottawa to adjudicate MusicFest Canada, Canada’s national band festival. I always enjoy this opportunity to hear this country’s up-and-coming talent.
- On April 15th, if you happen to be in Reykjavik, Iceland, be sure to check out this year’s Tectonics Festival. I was one of the transcribers responsible for some of the sheet music in a concert featuring Roscoe Mitchell and the Iceland Symphony orchestra. Transcribing this material was one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences I’ve had in a while, and I look forward to hearing this music in person.
- My newest album, Momentum, is on the way. Final release date imminent. Stay tuned!